Today I’m partaking in ‘The Top 5 Tag’ – a post in which there are a list of topics that I have to give my top five answers to. I was tagged by the lovely Faye at www.fayejessica.co.uk (@fayjessicaFN on Twitter) to do this post so thank you Faye for the tag!
5 Favourite Things To Do
- Travel/go on adventures
- Have cosy film nights
- Spend time with my favourite people
- Go out for dinner
5 Favourite Films
- The Shawshank Redemption
- When Harry Met Sally
- The Godfather
- The Lion King
5 Favourite TV Shows
- Sex and the City
- Gilmore Girls
- Green Wing
5 Favourite Songs at the moment
- Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
- Younger – Miley Cyrus
- Any Wolf Alice songs!
- Cranes in the Sky – Solange
- Place We Were Made – Maisie Peters
5 Favourite Books
- The Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling
- Half of a Yellow Sun – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Colour Purple – Alice Walker
- Different Seasons – Stephen King
- Wild – Cheryl Strayed
5 Favourite Blogs To Read
- Baby Boy Bakery. I love reading Jacqui’s take on motherhood and life. She tragically lost her 3 year old son, Ryan, in 2014 and used her voice and platform to deal with her loss in a positive and beautiful way and I’m sure has helped so many other grieving parents and families. Her writing is brilliant and so so real.
- Zoella. I love her photography more than anything! Her outfit photographs and autumnal-themed blogs are always the best.
- Niomi Smart. Her blog is really visually pleasing. I love her fashion sense and find her posts on eating a vegan diet and running really inspirational.
- Hello Miss Jordan. I love Jordan’s blog! Her photos are so dreamy and I find her really relatable and lovely to read. Perfect Sunday morning material.
- It’s Erin Morris. This lovely lady is a Christian blogger who writes about style, motherhood, travel and general life stuff. I’m not a religious person myself, however she writes so beautifully and I find her faith really interesting and inspiring.
5 Things I’m Looking Forward To In The Next Year
- Travelling to some new places
- Moving out
- Being bridesmaid at my best friend’s wedding
- Focusing more on my blog
- The unknown!
5 Personal Facts About Me
- I’m a very empathetic person. If someone is crying to me I’ll usually cry as well.
- I have to work hard to focus on one thing at a time. I have a bad habit of trying to do too many things at once.
- Singing is one of my favourite pastimes. If I don’t get in a good sing-song every couple of days, I start to feel a bit stressed out.
- I’m a strange hybrid of a human that can be extremely sensible and mature one minute and then be falling about giggling like an 8 year old the next.
- I find watching dancers really mesmerising. I saw the New York City Ballet perform The Nutcracker and it was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen.
5 Best Memories With Pictures
1. Volunteering in Nigeria in 2016
2. New Years Eve in New York 2016
3. Watching the ‘Wishes’ firework display at Disneyworld Florida in 2015
4. Friends Fest with my best friend Harley 2017
5. First holiday with my friends to Rhodes, Greece 2009
My Role Model
- Does it sound bad that I don’t really have one? There are probably several people I look up to for different reasons and who have guided me in life, but generally speaking I make it up as I go and hope for the best.
- I’ve never really thought about this before…probably someone like my sister who manages to raise two kids, work, look after a house, keep a healthy marriage going, spend time with friends and family and always have a smile on her face! Truly inspirational.
The 5 Bloggers I nominate are…
- @thatmummarocks – www.thatmummarocks.com
- @shonalouiseblog – www.shonalouise.com
- @LifewithHan99 – www.lifewithhan.blog
- @elephants_voice – www.elephantsvoice.blog
- @MollyyRees – www.mollyyrees.com